Here is my year-round must-haves:
- Mini makeup kit. I always have my favorite shade, or shades, in a small makeup bag, along with a small concealer (you know you need that in there just in case something pops up mid-day) and a shimmer stick (NARS has the very best one for that).
- Hand sanitizer. Whether you take public transit or not, having hand sanitizer in your bag at all times is a smart move. I have been caught in situation where I used someone else’s pen before hearing them cough like an animal. Hand sanitizer time!
- Hand cream! Between the air conditioning in the summer and the drier air in the colder months, my hands are in constant need of moisture. I carry hand cream with me everywhere I go. You can get a mini size of your favorite brand for sure.
- Sunglasses. Because your eyes always need protection.
- Nail file. I am a nail perfectionist. If one of my nails breaks and I don’t have a nail file on me I will lose it. So I always have one on my person and everyone and everything is fine. No, I’m not crazy.
- Gum. Just because nothing is more fun than minty freshness after lunch or at the end of a date when you had garlic during dinner.
- Almonds. I suffer from low blood sugar levels sometimes, so I always make sure to have something in my bag to keep me from turning into a hangry woman. No one likes those.
- Roll on perfume. Sephora has small versions of the greatest perfumes. I always pack one for the road.
- Band Aids! New shoes happen, you know…
- Advil. You never know when you’re going to get a headache and you don’t want to get caught with one and not have anything to take for it.
- Bottle of water. I dehydrate.
- Tissues. In case I get stuck waiting for the bus for 20 minutes.
- Lightweight scarf – layering is my go-to move in the cooler months.
Add to all of that the standard keys, wallet, paperwork, and a million little other odds and ends that somehow manage to make their way into my bag and stay there.