Sometimes, you may not be up to baking either because you do not have enough time, or you simply do not want to deal with the hot oven. There’s also the fact that baking is not everyone’s forte, and you do not wish to make a mess of everything in the kitchen. However, there are many ways to make sweet desserts without involving the oven, or any heat supply for that matter.
If you’re short on time, this confectionery with only two ingredients is ready in just ten minutes will come to your rescue.
• 1 gallon ice cream, vanilla
• 2 packs coconut, shredded
1. With a 1 1/2″ scoop make ice-cream balls, then roll them in the coconut.
2. Place them on foil or muffin wrappers. Wrap them in foil and freeze. Just like that, you’ll have your delicious dessert ready!
This one is easy, being a simple combination of different types of berries, whipped cream and biscuits. It only takes 20 minutes to prepare with no baking required.
• 2 pounds berries (blueberries, raspberries, slices strawberries)
• 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 8 biscuits
1. Mix berries and 1/3 cup of sugar in a large bowl. Let sit for five minutes.
2. Beat cream and 2 tbsps of sugar in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
3. Split biscuits in halves. Spoon the berries and whipped cream on the bottom half and sandwich with the top halves.
Frozen Lemonade Pie
If you love lemon, this dessert will work for you. You can prepare it within a quarter of an hour. You’ll need to keep it in the freezer for up to eight hours for it to freeze as required, so make sure to prepare it early in the day if you want to include it in your dinner, or leave it to freeze overnight.
• 1 graham cracker crust, premade
• 1 can (14 oz) cold, sweetened condensed milk
• 1 container (12 oz) frozen whipped cream, thawed
• 1 cup lemonade concentrate, frozen, thawed
• Lemon slices for garnishing
1. Fold the sweetened condensed milk and whipped topping in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Keep the mixture light and fluffy. Add lemonade concentrate and continue folding gently.
2. Pour the filling into the pie crust and chill for 8 hours, or overnight.
3. Garnish with fresh lemon slices before serving.
This one takes 25 minutes to prepare but like the frozen lemonade pie, will also require chilling time. You’ll need to chill your Samoa pie for six hours.
• 8oz cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar
• 2 cups caramel with extra for drizzling
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 1 pie crust
• 1 cup shredded coconut, toasted
• Melted chocolate for drizzling
1. Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, sugar plus 1/2 cup caramel in a bowl with a hand mixer until fluffy and combined. Add the heavy cream and beat until medium peaks form.
2. Add the mixture into the pie crust and smooth out the top. Refrigerate until the pie is firm, for six hours.
3. Make the topping by mixing shredded coconut and 1 cup caramel.
4. Spread 1/2 cup caramel on top of the chilled pie then top with the coconut mixture.
5. Lightly drizzle with caramel and melted chocolate. Serve.